Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Our Whirlpool Duel Dryer works, but the temp will not heat

Our Whirlpool Duel Dryer works, but the temp will not heat up. I am unable to find the manuel, and am unsure on how to proceed.
can you get me the full model #? also do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not sure where to look for the model number. On the front it just says duet. I also do not have a volt meter.
First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Dryer only, gas or electric

• Inside the door, on the cabinet frame
  • On the back of the unit, near the top
  • On the side of the unit, near the front

Washer-dryer combination unit

• Inside the dryer door, on the door frame
  • On top of the dryer
  • On the side of the washer, near the bottom, front
  • Under the washer lid
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ggw9200lw1
ok this is a gas dryer correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it is.
ok when you start this do you hear a click comming from the gas valve? also can you take the bottom panel off under the door? there are three screws along the bottom ( hard to see) tip the dryer back and you will see them close to the floor,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't hear the gas valve click. We have the under drawer, so it isn't as low. I will take the cover off.
ok let me know when you get it off, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I have the cover off.
now start the dryer and see if you can see the igniter glowing
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, it isn't glowing.
ok it sounds like its the electronic flame sensor, Part 2681since you don't hear a click, the problem is you need a volt meter to be sure, you need to check continuity on this, there are a lot of reasons this wont heat so a meter is needed to check them,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, if it is this sensor is it difficult to locate and change?
well its a little hard to get to its on the side of the burner tube, the thing is we cant be sure without testing it, do you know how to use a meter? and can you get one?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I could try to find one at Lowes. Do you think it would be better to have an expert come out and fix it for me? I am not even sure where to find the parts for this dryer. The last thing I want to do is screw it up.
if you don't have a meter you can get a cheap one at Lowes but if your not sure how to test and take the machine apart maybe you should call for a tech to look at this, the parts are usually not expensive you maybe a service call would be best,thanks Bryan