Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a hotpoint model CTX18HABBRWW and it is not making ice it

I have a hotpoint model CTX18HABBRWW and it is not making ice
it seems the line from the water valve to the freezer is not getting water to the freezer
I do not see a voltage on the valve when I hooked up a meter but not sure if it's not getting power to pump the water or if the valve is faulty? perhaps it's something else altogether but water is getting to the valve from the wall line. The condensor fan also comes on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the first thing to check is the tube in the freezer that feeds the ice maker and make sure its not frozen, I'll look up your model in the meantime,
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

check part # XXXXX on this diagram, it runs through the back of the freezer into the ice maker, you can take the plastic tube off the valve and blow through it to see if its clear, if so the valve is bad and needs to be replaced, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
should there be a steady voltage to the valve and staeady water flow to the freezer hose or is it intermittently surged with voltage and water pumped to the freezer in spurts?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the valve only gets power for a few seconds while the ice maker turns, then it has no power, the ice maker sends power to the valve when it gets to a certain point as it goes around,