Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 12 year old Thermador CT230 dual oven and the lower

I have a 12 year old Thermador CT230 dual oven and the lower oven does not generate any heat. The upper oven still works and all digital controls are on but no heat in bake or broiler element. A technician said that it was the relay switch and or relay board that was shot and because of the age of the oven there are no longer parts for it. He said all I could do was continue to use the upper oven or get a brand new oven. Is his diagnosis likely correct? If yes am I out of luck in getting parts to fix it?? and would have to buy a new dual range or just live with the one oven. Thanks for any assistance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
these have thermal cutoffs in them and you will need to reset the bottom one, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the little red button on top is what you push, these are on the roof of the ovens so on the bottom one it should be behind the center grill, press the little red button on top of the thermostat to reset it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan,

I assume I have to pull the oven out of the wall to do this? I'm not the most mechanically enclined guy, should I call a tech to do this or can I do this myself.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well you shouldn't need to pull the oven, it should be in between the upper and lower ovens, if you feel you cant do it you should call for a tech to do it, at least then if you watch him you will know how to do it if it happens again, thats the best advice I can give you, thanks Bryan