Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

MY DISHWASHER IS FALLING OUT OF ITS SPOT IN THE CABINETS.IM

MY DISHWASHER IS "FALLING" OUT OF ITS "SPOT"IN THE CABINETS.I'M ASSUMING THERE WERE "CLIPS" HOLDING INPLACE. I HAVE ORDERED TWO "V" TABS BUT THEY DON'T EVEN COME W/THE SCREWS NEEDED. WHAT IS THE CORRECT PROCEEDURE OF INSTALLING THESE TABS AND SHOULD I USE STAINLESS SCREWS? WHY WOULD THE "ORIGINAL" TABS BE GONE? I'VE NOT SEEN ANY TABS OR SCREWS IN THE BOTTOM OF THE DRAWER OR ON MY FLOOR, YET THIS "FALLING OUT" JUST BEGAN. AM I ON THE RIGHT TRACK? THANKS, NANCY (IT IS THE DOUBLE DRAWER FISHER DD603/STAINLESS BOWED FRONT)

the V tabs lock into place on the top of the tank .

And I`ve never seen them come loose nor would the screw in to the underside of the counter top come out ,

If I had to guess they where never installed in the first place.

And you can use stainless screws if you would like.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

WELL, MY PROBLEM WITH THE THEORY THAT THE V TABS WERE NEVER THERE TO BEGIN WITH IS THAT THE UNIT JUST STARTED "FALLING OUT" AND IT'S BEEN IN PLACE FOR 3 YEARS.

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IT WAS PUT IN W/SIDE TABS THAT WOULD'VE BROKEN? OUR COUNTER IS STONE WITH A POSSIBLE EMPTY CAVITY ABOVE THE DISHWASHER, WHICH TO ME MEANS THERE WAS/IS NO WHERE FOR THE TOP V TABS TO ATTACH TO??? THANKS, NANCY

if its a stone counter top ,then yes it should be mounted to the side cabinets
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

WOULD IT BE MOUNTED TO THE SIDE IN 2 OR 4 PLACES. I GUESS THE V TABS I JUST ORDERED WILL DO ME NO GOOD AS I THINK THEY WERE/ARE MAINLY FOR TOP POSITION MOUNTING, RIGHT? SO I JUST WASTED MY MONEY ON THEM I GUESS AND WILL HAVE TO ORDER SIDE "TABS"... ??

it should be mounted in four places two on the left and two on the right.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
SORRY. I GUESS THE DRAWERS NEED TO BE PULLED OUT TO DO THIS, RIGHT? ANY SPECIAL ADVICE ON THAT?
no it should just pull out ,just use caution of your floor
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN? JUST PULL THE WHOLE UNIT OUT OF IT'S SPOT? DRAWERS AND ALL?
yes you will have to pull the entire unit out ,not the drawers
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THANKS,NANCY

no problem at all glad to assist.

Have a nice week end ,And Thank you.