Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Magic Chef Gad Randge 8113P type model, the other

Customer Question

I have a Magic Chef Gad Randge 8113P type model, the other day the over/clock/timer control panel just stopped working. In the morning it was working, when we got home at the end of the work day the display was no longer working and none of the controls work.

I have unplugged/replufgged ti back in adn checked the circuit breakers. Still no response from the display. So, the overn is not working but the stove top is fine. Are there any reset buttons somewhere or what can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
there is not reset on the clock, it will need to be replaced, how old is this unit? the model isn't comming up can you recheck that? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I could not find a model number on the appliance but found it on the owners guide so it could be a generic model guide - the other number was 8114P351-60. It's at least 5 years old - came with our house when we bougth it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

try this.

First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Cooktop/Range/Stove

Gas:

• Inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit
  • Inside the top of the vent duct--if it's a "downdraft" unit

Electric:

• Under one of the surface burners, or inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
3488VVA sound better?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is the clock Part 400590you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-3488VVA-%3d%3dc212i400590&PartID=400590 this will need to be replaced unfortunately, hope this helps thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX hope you have a great Friday!
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thanks you too, if you have a volt meter you can open up the back panel of the control and check for 120 volts to the clock to make sure, if its getting the voltage it needs to be replaced, thanks and have a nice weekend, Bryan