Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an LG front load washer. The drum moves from front to

Customer Question

I have an LG front load washer. The drum moves from front to back when operating. Just like a top loader that is loaded too heavy on one side. It shimmies so much on "spin" I am unable to use it. It is two years old; I have had to different "qualified LG repairmen" try to fix it. One said it needed three stabilizer shocks replaced; the other said it only takes ONE stabilizer shock! IM SHOCKED!

No one can fix this.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this machine has three socks, it also has two springs, heres the diagram, I would make them come back and check this again, also have them check the rear bearing assembly, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
as the washer is spinning, i notice through the glass that the pack of the drum is out of balance. What would cause this? are there some kind of weights in this thing (like tires on cars do???) that could have shifted due to worn out shocks?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well there are tree shocks and two springs that are suppose to keep this from getting out of balance you may have a bad one,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your welcome, thanks Bryan