Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my amana bb20ve freezer working frig not whats the most likly

Customer Question

my amana bb20ve freezer working frig not whats the most likly cause
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Is there any frost on the back panel in the freezer section?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
im told no but thats what i suspect
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
its going to be one of two things, either this isn't defrosting or the evaporator fan in the freezer has stopped, short of a sealed system problem these are the most common causes, check the fan and make sure its running in the freezer if so remove the back panel in the freezer and see if its completely frosted up, if so defrost it and replace this, Part 379484its the defrost thermostat and by far the most common failer in these, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hey Bryan I replaced thermostat worked great but once it got to frig temp it didn't cycle back on freezer still good any suggestions Thanks Mike
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how do you mean didn't cycle back on? it may have been in defrost is it working now?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yea its working now but it has to be at a lower temp setting to maintain previous temp

i was looking at the cycle / defrost control adjustment knob thinking it might be a reset button I turned it approx. 1/4 turn ccw tried to turn it back cw butt it wouldn't move I've been advised to turn it completely ccw to the stop then i 'll be able to reset back to where it was is there a standard setting for the adjustment knob i'm not at home at the moment to play with it also does this sound like the fix? thanks again Mike

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok , well thats the defrost timer, when you get home let me know thanks Bryan