Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a new Kenmore refrigerator 79372. The manual says give

We have a new Kenmore refrigerator 79372. The manual says give it 24 hours to cool, but it has been stuck at 50 degrees almost since it was plugged in 18 hours ago and three of the five LED lights on the tempearature control are always lit and pressing the button does nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
is the fan in the freezer running? is this new? can you get me the full model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The model is 79372. Yes it's new. It's so quiet compared to the old one it's hard to tell what's running. There are vents in the back of the freezer and I cannot feel airing flowing out of them. The temp in the frezer is about 30.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this sounds like a sealed system freon leak, if after 18 hours the freezer is only at 30 degrees this has a sealed system problem, you will need to call the warranty # XXXXX get them out to check the system, you can do this yourself and shouldn't fool with it anyway you will void the warranty, the temp in the freezer should be between 0-8 degrees, its had plenty of time to get there,thanks Bryan