Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, I need please your advice. My wife stopped the spin cycle

Hi, I need please your advice. My wife stopped the spin cycle on our Whirlpool Duet Sport HT to re-balance the load, but after that the machine won't re-start. The LED works fine, but when I push start it turns the machine OFF instead of starting the cycle. Thank you so much for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
first heres the service sheets on you machine, click this blue link, these are complicated machines but the techs sheets I sent you will tell you how to put this in diagnostic mode, try the diagnostics and see what it comes up with, let me know, are there any fault codes comming up?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I already did yesterday the Diagnostic Test and I received back F-01. From the checking that I did on the internet, all mentioned a CCU faulty unit but I don't believe so! I more suspecting the problem related to control lock.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thats correct you need to replace the control board, its located under the top in the right front corner on the side, you can order this @ for $85.00, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I knew about it but I wanted to keep replacing the CCU as last resort. I'm living in a condo so I have a very small area for my washer including the dryer on top of it. Removing the CCU will be super difficult. I'm searching for a way or a trick to reset this control board without taking out the cover. Can you please advice?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the only thing you can do that I know of is what the tech sheets tell you , you may have a loose plug on the control board but to get at this you will need to remove the top , sorry, thanks Bryan