Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

washer fills up than stops move timer still will not do anything.

washer fills up than stops move timer still will not do anything. uplug for a bit move timer to rinse cycle will drain than fill than stop unplug again then move to final spin will run and finish..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

can you get us the model#?

LOCATE YOUR WASHING MACHINE MODEL NUMBER
First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Top-loading washer only

• Under the lid
  • On the back of the control panel
  • On the lower-front or side of the main cabinet body

Front-loading washer only

• Behind the door
  • Behind or on top of the control panel
  • On the side of the unit near the front

Top- or front-loading washer-dryer combination unit

• Inside the dryer door, on the door frame
  • On the top of the dryer
  • On the side of the washer, near the bottom, front
  • Under the washer lid
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
FWS445RFS2
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if this isn't agitating its probably a bad pressure switch, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the only thing other than that is the timer itself, I would try replacing the pressure switch first its only $ 16.90 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-FWS445RFS2+-%3d%3dei1191275&PartID=1191275 this is most likely the problem, this tells the machine to start agitating, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
put new pressure switch and belt now it will fill up try to go and wash but makes a winding sound than click click than stop but time works because it goes throught the cycle it will spinn just wount aggiatate
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you said you replaced the timer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the timer motor it trys to go in to wash it makes a noise it trys to move but locks the motor just cant explane the noise and a clicking sound like a contactor chatter it simes like the thermial motor protection opens up the cools down and trys again but the timer kept going through the cycle.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well you may have to replace the entire timer, i think there may be a tooth missing inside the timer,or a bad contact inside,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so that would make sound like single phase? it sounds like it trys to go back and fourth the slows down along whaaaaa sonnd like clutch or brake locked down but tranie trys to go.ahhhh amissing linkto the progam just hit me....the motor has signal to go but one missing and brake ingauges....
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
oh, this is a tough one ,it may be the brake or the transmission, these are things you cant do yourself, you need special tools and the break is dangerous to take apart its spring loaded and can really hurt you if its sprung, I would call a tech if you want to go further into this, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thank you i bought this washer used it hasbeen sitting up for a year in a sheld and was running when it was put up the daughter hadf it and got married paid 30 $ for it..
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yeah , you may want to look into a new washer , the transmission or the brake can be an expensive job, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician