Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

HE4 model 110.85862400 dryer takes too long to dry clothes.

HE4 model 110.85862400 dryer takes too long to dry clothes. It has a clogged 4 ft installed flexible aluminum ducting (S-shape - 2 bends) connecting the dryer vent hole to the 5" higher wall vent hole(distance is about 5" from the top of the dryer vent hole to the bottom of the higher wall vent hole).

I removed 4 ft vent, cleared massive lint in ducting and dryer vent.

1) Isn't the 4 ft flexible aluminum bad and conducive to clogging.

2) Is a short flexible luminate aluminum ducting the appropriate connection for the vents?

3) Should back panel be removed to clear out addition lint elsewhere? Describe what and how to do what is required?

4) Are there other considerations to insure that all clogging problems are corrected.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
is the dryer still taking to long to dry even after you cleared the vent?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have not re-installed the 4 ft aluminum ducting and wanted your advice before re-installing it or installing a shorter aluminum laminate vent ducting. Thus, I have not tried the dryer again.

Also, I failed to say that there was much moisture around the wall vent hole and the floor below the wall vent hole.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if you get the aluminum flex hose (Lowes) (it looks like the old plastic ones) with the Teflon inside and do one piece from the dryer all the way to the outside vent this will be fine, we use that all the time, the more pieces you have put together the more places for the lint to get stuck, the reason you had so much moister is because once the vent clogs the moister from the dryer collects in the hose and turn back into water once it cools, as far as the inside of the dryer if its blowing out of the back of the dryer strong it should be fine. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have purchased 4i x 8ft aluminum foil laminate from Lowes (498PL). It doesn't say if it is teflon coated.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thats it, it has like a Teflon coating and its great stuff, your all set, sorry for the late reply, I was having dinner. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.