Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My electric Maytag Atlantis Dryer (2007) stopped advancing

My electric Maytag Atlantis Dryer (2007) stopped advancing on the timer switch, thus the dryer would operate but not shut off. I replaced the timer switch with a new one, but alas, it does not advance, and consequently shut off. It does not advance at all. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok this machine has several different cycling thermostats in it, Part 484075Part 484291Part 484291and it has a dryness sensor assembly, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the problem is which ones you have , so show all of these when I bring up the model, but it wont have all of them just one of each piece, the most likely cause would be the cycling thermostat, does you machine have a timed dry cycle?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It has a Time Dry/Air Fluff cycle as well as the Regular IntelliDry, Permanent Press IntelliDry. I have not opened up the lower guts of the dryer to view these thermostats, only the top assembly to replace the timer switch.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you should take a look and see which thermostats it has,the thermostat sends power to the timer to tell it to advance, I believe changing the automatic thermostat it will fix the issue, we don't replace a lot of the dryness boards, the thermostats are around $20.00 so if you can find which one you have you can order it @ http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-MDE8400AYW-%3d%3de&n=2 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, down into the lower bowel of the dryer.... my automatic thermostat has a blue label, like the two images you provided of the cycling thermostats. Here is the issue. My blue labeled thermostat is a HTR 240 V, like the yellow one at the top of your images. The blue labeled thermostats you show are 120 V, and this is the deal breaker. The Yellow colored thermostat, no matter what part numbers are printed, would be the proper switch?

When shaken it rattles like a broken filament in an incandescent light bulb!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well thats strange they dont really show all the correct parts for one machine, try this, is this it?