Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

On our Kenmore dishwasher the detergent dispenser is not opening

On our Kenmore dishwasher the detergent dispenser is not opening to allow the powder or tablets the opportunity to disolve? Is this a timer issue or a problem with the dispenser? (When cycles are complete and door to unit is opened the dispenser then opens)
can you resend the model # XXXXX put a space between each #? it didn't come through, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago. it is

2 2 1 7 3 7 9 3 0 0

Also what would be estimated cost of repair (if fixable)?

ok is there a 3 number prefix before the other #s? like 665, 110, or something like that?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry about that it wasn't on the sticker I was looking at.

the prefix # XXXXX 6 6 5

so the full model # XXXXX 665.2217379300 this still doesn't come up can you recheck all the #s? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Lets try this...found number on inside of unit,

6 6 5 1 7 3 7 9 3 0 0

bingo!, ok on this model you need to replace the dispenser assembly, there are no serviceable parts in the dispenser itself, the solenoid that opens it is bad, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you can order this @ or you can go to Sears and order it for $41.00 the part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNheres the diagram of the door assembly, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Bryan; I'm trying to print image to see what is involved i taking out unit. I have Mr. Fixit abalities, is this something a home owner coud replace myself?
sure, you need to remove the inner door panel and its pretty easy from there. some screws an two wires , thats it. you can do this yourself, thanks Bryan