Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my new lg fridge isnt making ice.. french door model with

my new lg fridge isnt making ice.. french door model with no ice/water on the door. when i turn on the ice maker the fridge keeps beeping
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you get me the model #? also how long have you had this? is it brand new?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Model is LFC 25700TT It was installed yesterday

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok does the ice maker turn at all? is the freezer working correctly, is it down to around 0-8 degrees?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It made one batch of ice...then nothing the rest of the day. I later pushed the Ice Plus button to see if that would speed it up. Later no ice but it started to beep every three or four minutes - as if the door was open. I made sure all doors were closed but the beeping continued. I turned off the Ice plus button. It later dropped one more batch of ice and the beeping started again. So before i went to bed I just turn the icemaker off.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you have a bad ice maker, even though its new there is a problem with it, since this is new I would call warranty service right away and have them send a tech out, if you play with it they will void the warranty, a new ice maker for this if you replaced it would cost you $130.00 so call for the warranty service, you shouldn't have to pay for this yourself, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Wow wish i had thought of that..what a joke!

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
what do you mean ? there is not quick fix for this but if you want you can pay for a new ice maker yourself and replace it heres a link, , its bad and I don't know what else we can say. it not a joke , its the facts, I wasn't trying to be funny. Bryan