Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a kenmore electric range. The power element on the

I have a kenmore electric range. The "power" element on the cook top only gets warm, not hot. I have replaced the complete heating element but the new one works the same....gets warm but not hot. What else might it be?
This is not an issue with the element but rather the switch that sends the power to the element. On the control panel, which knob are you talking about so I can see which element you are refering to as the "power element" please? Just the location of the knob like 3rd from left.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is the knob on the far left.....the stove itself has 5 elements. Has 3 smaller ones in the back a "dual" burner on the front right and a " Power element" on the front left.
and I'm assuming you've tried pressing the button under the far left burner switch?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The "simmer select" switch.....yes. It will actually get warmer with the switch turned on but by no means hot. Then when I turn the simmer switch off it cols back down to a warm to touch.
ok that's what I wanted to see. This means that your burner switch itself is bad and will need to be replaced. The burner switch is the switch behind the knob. When you push that simmer button it bypasses the switch and goes through a control board to heat. Here is a link to the switch you need to order and replace.