Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, my S20B RSB21-A/G 858615115001 fridge freezer is beeping

Hi, my S20B RSB21-A/G 858615115001 fridge freezer is beeping and the display is flashing the freezer with 2 green lines the fridge diplay is flashing the number 5 and the defrost warning light is on. How will I know if it is the defrost element itself or the defrost sensor that is faulty? Where is the cheapest place online to by one, how difficult is it to replace? Many Thanks.

this model # XXXXX't comming up can you check it again? First, here are some tips to help with your model number:

1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.

Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

All types

• Inside the refrigerator or freezer, on the upper left or right side wall
  • Behind the lower crisper drawer
  • Behind the lower toe kick-plate
  • On the face frame of the refrigerator body
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have copied and pasted this of a website, hope that helps.

S20BRSB21-A/G (858615115001)

ok this is the defrost thermostat, Part 888801and this is the heater, Part 137328the defrost thermostat should have continuity when cold, the heater should have continuity at all times, take the rear panel off in the freezer and check them which ever one is bad replace, most likely the thermostat. you can get the parts @ thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have no experience do you think I will be able to do this myself I am usually very good with this kind of stuff.
if you know how to use a volt meter to check continuity you can if not you should call for service, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is a defrost thermostat the same as a defrost sensor?
yes, it senses when the freezer is defrosted and shuts the heater off,