Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Maytag Fridge/Freezer is not cooling when the doors are

My Maytag Fridge/Freezer is not cooling when the doors are closed. All seems normal on the system, all electrical to compressor is normal and condenser fan is working fine and condenser is clean. The problem is the compressor only kicks in and starts to cool when you open the fridge door! After you close the fridge door the compressor stops straight away. If you leave the fridge door open the compressor keeps on running and cooling but as soon as you close the door it stops. Have checked all I can (I am a commercial refrigeration engineer) and it looks like a board fault. Do you have any advice before I pay £200 on a new board? Model number is XXXXX GC222GEKB
have you checked the door switches? the compressor never runs with the door shut?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dont think there is anything wrong with the door switches. After the fridge was switched off for an hour or so yesterday and I removed the control panel to take a look and re-attached the panel the bl**dy thing started up and was working fine all evening, making lots of ice and cooling great. Got up this morning and back to square one, not cooling and the fridge was not cool, the compressor only starts up when you open the fridge door!
ok, well your board is bad then, when you open the door the switch sends a signal to the board and it usually tells the fans to stop, you can order the board Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=@ for$ 96.85 hope this helps, thanks Bryan