Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag epic z front loader it keeps flashing f-20

I have a maytag epic z front loader it keeps flashing f-20 what does this mean
F20 means that the unit isn't detecting water is entering the machine quick enough. When the error code appears if there is little to no water in the tub, then you have an issue with either the water supply to the washing machine or the electronic water valve. If the washing machine fills up about 1/2 way up the door and is overfilling with the water, it means that your pressure switch is faulty and will need to be replaced because it's not detecting that water is entering the machine.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do you replace a pressure switch and how much does it cost?
it's about $80 or so and it's located under the to panel attached to the right side wall at the top. There are 3 screws along the back of the top panel you need to remove to take the top panel off. The pressure switch looks like a round object made of plastic and has several wires going to it. It also has a small rubber hose connected to it and goes by another name "water level switch".