Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My GE Profile Dual Fuel range has no display. The electronic

My GE Profile Dual Fuel range has no display. The electronic controls fail to do anything. The oven light works fine as does the "spark" for the gas portion. This oven also has a lower oven which is not working.

The oven has not been moved or unplugged and I have reset the circuit breaker.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
if the display has went out then the touch pad (membrane) is bad and has to be replaced ,,, on some you cant get just the display without the control board but you can get the part at a local appliance parts dealer in your area and this will fix the problem / thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Why doesn't the lower oven and it's indicator light operate?

Also there is no display at all - no clock etc

thats why i said to replace the membrane ,, its the part that you see that lights up and if it goes out the display will be dim or non at all and yet the control board still supplys power to make the oven work
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So this part (membrane)also supplies the power for the Lower (warming) oven and its indicator light?
the control board supples the power and the membrane is the face over the control board ,, if you can send me the model number i will see if i can get you a part number
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where would I find the Model number?
slide out the bottom drawer and look on the leg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Great! J2B918SEL1SS
the part number is XXXXX and it cost about $155 and its number 104 in this picture and you can get it at local appliance parts dealer / thanks
graphic
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
before i go off line and take my insulin and rest up is there anything else i can do for you tonight before i get off ,, Larry