Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a kitchenaid kudr25sh and the handle or release seems

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid kudr25sh and the handle or release seems to be broken I can't and it is moving but not opening what do i do to open the door?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you need to replace the door latch assembly , they are plastic and break inside the door, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-kudr25sh-%3d%3dc226i524941&PartID=524941 take the screws out around the door to access this, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Part 524941
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know i have to replace the latch I can't get the door open to get to it. There is a load of clean dishes in the washer how do i get the door off to put in the new latch
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

how do i get the door to open latch broken thats the question

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
oh, thats not easy, you cant take the whole door off you will need to get something up into the latch and press the release part of the latch, it has a handle link # XXXXX on this diagram, you need to push on this and release the door, not easy though.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is floating in there what should i aim for?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
unfortunately that the hard part, you may have to try and get the broken part out of the way so you can see up into the rest of the assembly, theres really no way to explain it, if you cant get it open you may have to call for service
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your welcome, sorry its so difficult, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got the door open i pushed aside the bottom latch and was able to see into the top of the door and luckily used a screw driver and pushed up andthe door opened now i just have to figure how to get the inside panel off and replace the latch thanks again
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thats great, thanks Bryan