Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool Stack Washer/Dryer Model # LTE6234DQ3. Unfortunately

Whirlpool Stack Washer/Dryer Model # XXXXX Unfortunately it was overloaded and will not agitate or spin. Water runs and there is a low humming noise when switch is pulled out for wash cycle. I noticed if I pull out switch to wash and click the Lid switch a few times it will agitate for a minute or so slowly. Can you help me? The dryer works fine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
This means that your coupler between your motor and agitator has broken and will need to be replaced. It's not easy to access because you need to remove the entire shell of the washer in order to access the part, but the part you need is a 285753A and costs about $15.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I've read about the coupler and thought it could be the problem but I had no information on how to take the shell of the double stacked unit apart. I feel I could do it with directions. Is there a manual you suggest? And thanks for the previous information

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
there is no manual for this unit because it's a stack unit. These units aren't increadibly popular, but if my memory serves correct, you need to remove the panel between the dryer and the washer that's at an angle. This will expose 2 large brass clips that you need to pry off, or several 5/16" screws you need to unscrew. You can then pull the top panel foward and off. That will give you acces to remove the front panel and then you can remove the pump at the bottom and then the motor behind it, they are just held on by 2 clips each.