Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an Amana XRSR465BW Side-by-Side Fridge where the Filter

I have an Amana XRSR465BW Side-by-Side Fridge where the Filter and Ice Cubes lights on the Water & Ice Dispenser are flashing. They will flash for a period of time (potentially hours - never stood and watched for that long) then the flashing will stop. Then at some future point the flashing will start again. Any ideas what the flashing lights mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
have you changed the filter recently?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes the filter was changed approximately 1 month ago. I was not able to do the reset of the Filter (pressing the Dispaenser Lock & Auto Light buttons) because I didn't have a Owners Manual at the time
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
try pressing and holding the filter reset button in for 10 seconds and see if it resets the filter, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Holding Dispenser Lock & Auto Light buttons (Filter Reset) for 10 seconds doesn't reset filter.

If press Auto Light button so its LED is on (together with Filter & Cubes LEDs) then all 3 LEDS flash but at a faster rate (approx twice as fast) than just Filter & Cubes LEDs.

If press Water or Crushed buttons then its LED flashes together with Filter LED but I cna also hear a noise that pulses in time with the flashing LEDs (noise sounds like a relay clicking).

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the dispenser board is bad, #19 on this diagram, this needs to be replaced, the clicking you hear is the relay on the board, you can order this @ http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=4078950&rdr=%2fpartsearch%2fmodel.aspx%3fmodel_id%3d5173886%26diagram_id%3d1362387 thanks Bryan