Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag Neptune washer model number MAH4000A and the

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Neptune washer model number MAH4000A and the machine will start a cycle but stop after about two minutes. If I advance the control to the next setting (i.e. from wash to rinse) it will run for about two minutes and then stop again. Is this and indication that the timer needs to be replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
is the door locking and the door locked light on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I believe it is because the cycle starts and water flows into the machine.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
so you don't believe theres enough water going in?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I believe the correct amount of water is being used but the cycle will start and stop after about two minutes.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this sounds like the control board or the motor and the control board for the motor, does the door lock and stay locked?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think I should run it through a cycle and take good notes on the above questions. I'm not home at the moment. Can I contact you tomorrow? How do I reestablish a connection with you?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes you can contact me tomorrow just come back on and start replying again and I will get the messages, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Will do. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX Maytag top load washer. I ran a load with the following sequence. I put laundry in the machine for a small load and selected that that on the dial. When I shut the lid the locked door light did not go on. The machine started to load water but did not fill the washer to the proper level. The agitator did not start. I moved the dial to the rinse position and the water emptied from the washer. It started to load the rinse warter (locked door light was now on) but did not finish loading the water to the proper level and again he agitator did not start. I hope this is more helpful

Regards,
Moe
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

I'm sending you a link to the service manual on this, check the manual and see what symptoms are closes to yours, let me know thanks Bryan

link, http://servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16010061.pdf

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your help. My wife is going to contact a repair service in the area, she doesn,t trust me.....
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok , well wishes and thanks Bryan