Rich RX
Rich RX, Handyman
Experience:  I have 30 years experience as an electrician, troubleshooting and repairing electrical appliances.

My kenmore Cannister Vacuum cleaner sucked in a piece of light

Customer Question

My kenmore Cannister Vacuum cleaner sucked in a piece of light weight plastic film. I was able to pull it out. I also checked the dust bag and there was no plastic inside it. I install a new dust bag anyway.The vac motor will run, but the agitator does not go around at all. I have opened up the power made. The power mate floor/carpet model #116.57615701, the serial #M72816903.

Please, help me as soon as possible. Thanks!
Linda Krohn
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rich RX replied 6 years ago.

Hello .. with the power head there are two thoughts that come to mind .. there is a pop-out safety switch .. a fuse like thing .. probably a red button on the top of the floor piece that pops when the brush becomes tangled .. this may need to be reset by pushing it in .. or you may have broken the belt that drives the brush .. , this should be apparent if you have the power head apart ..

Any thoughts, questions, concerns , please get back to me ..