Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

HOW DO YOU LOWER THE GAS TOP BUNERS

Customer Question

HOW DO YOU LOWER THE GAS TOP BUNERS?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
what do you mean exactly? Could you explain what you are trying to do?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

STOVE TOP BURNERS FLAMES ARE TOO HIGH. NEED DIRRECTION IN HOW TO TURN THE FLAMES DOWN.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
on all setting they are too high or just on simmer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ALL SETTING, ON CENTER, AND BOTH FRONT BURNERS.ARE TO HIGH. REAR TWO BURNERS ARE FINE THEY GO FROM HIGH TO LOW AS SHOULD.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
the only adjustment to these burners are down the center of the shaft behind the knob. Pull the knob off to each of the burners and use a small flat head screwdriver. There is a screw you can adjust to change the amount of gas but it will only affect the lower portion of the burner and that's it. If you're center burner is too high all the time, then you need to replace that gas valve which is the part that the knob sides onto with the shaft.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THAT ANSWER IS INCORRECT. IT IS CORRECT FOR THE STANDER RANGE TOP BURNER. WHIRLPOOL GOLD DOSE NOT HAVE A SCREW IN THE SHAFT OF THE STEM. I HAVE THE INSTUCTION MANUARL FOR A STANDARD GAS RANGE.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
actually it is correct. Here is a picture of the valve, and the reason the shaft is hollow is because there is an adjustment screw down the middle.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
SORRY I DON'T FINE YOUR INFORMATION HELPFUL AT ALL. I HAVE THAT DRAWING, IN THE STANDARD MANUAL. THIS STOVE DO NOT HAVE A SET SCEW IN THE CENTER OF THE STEM.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
ok have a nice day sorry I you didn't find this useful.