Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

The ice selector only works with crushed ice. I found a part

Customer Question

The ice selector only works with crushed ice. I found a part sitting on the shelf behind the ice tray, shaft 1.50 lg x .50 dia with .093 dia hole thru one end. I assume this part is why I cant get the cubed ice. I can't see where this part goes, can you help me out. Thanks Robert
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 6 years ago.

Can we have the model number of the fridge/freezer please?

What are the units of the numbers that you gave? Millimeter or inches?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Refrig # XXXXX inches
Expert:  Francis replied 6 years ago.

Here is the parts diagram of the ice bucket and the ice maker. please click the blue words.

Usually, to get cubes, the solenoid (part 378) should lift the rod( part 329) and this rod would turn something or lift something on the other end to dispense cubes.

Please watch if solenoid is lifting part 377 which you can see from the hole of part 361.

Remove the ice bucket and press the freezer door switch then press the dispenser to dispense cube ice, Watch if the thing (Part 377) would raise up.

Also from the parts diagram, you may find the part which you found and could locate where it is located and connected.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your help, but I could not identify the shaft part in the parts list.
Expert:  Francis replied 6 years ago.

Have you tried to see if part 377 is being lifted up?

Press the door switch when doing th test please?