John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a 2 year old whirpool dishwasher quiet partner 1. After

Customer Question

I have a 2 year old whirpool dishwasher quiet partner 1. After I input all the setting for the wash the Start button wont lightup after I press nor the cycle will start. Can you help me figure out what the problem is and how can i fix it? Model # XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

When you close the door can you hear a slight click from the door switch.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it does click.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

http://www.partselect.com/PartDetail.aspx?Inventory=774514&SourceCode=5&ModelNum=du1055x

You can check the door switch and then check this thermal fuse the door switch will cause this and so will this thermal fuse the fuse is in the control

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your answers. Let me clarify the click. When you asked about the click I thought you were referring to the click the door makes when it closes. SO, to answer your first question: no. It doesn't click other than when it looks. I hope this helps.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Ok then take the outer panel off and check the door switch make sure its ok if not then check the thermal fuse.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX do i know the switch is ok or not? it looks fine to the eye.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

PS393148: Door Switch

You can turn off the power and join the two wires together and try the unit if it starts up replace the door switch, also take the bottom panel off and check the small metal box where the 120 volts connects to the unit look for a burnt wire if no burnt wire in that box and the door switch is ok then the thermal fuse is what you should replace.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, there are two door switches. I removed one and did as you instructed: connect the two wires. The washer started working, but the lights on the control panel were not on. Is that suppose to happen? Thanks
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
You only did it to the one switch but if it started to work then replace the switch it will solve the problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I replaced the door switch, but the start button still don't want to start the DW. My settings on the control panel are on but the start button won't start the DW. Do you still think is the fuse? If so, where is it located?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
No then it would be the control and not the fuse as long as the control is on but wont start it has to be the control.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That's what I thought too. I'll get the part.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Yes as long as the control lights up but you get no action it has to be the control.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just installed a new control panel and the DW is working like new. Thanks for your help!!
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Great job.

Thanks and God Bless.