Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi I have a Whirlpool GI7FVCXWY French door fridge. It was

Hi I have a Whirlpool GI7FVCXWY French door fridge. It was installed and 3 days in I had no water. Had my plumber verify there was nothing wrong with the water line before I had A&E service come and look at it. They said it was a known issue that required a kit to correct the air from the icemaker freezing the water line. The kit was sent to me and installed, and worked when he left I also dispensed about a gallon of water as instructed. I went to work and when I came home had the same issue. I've called them back, but wanted to know if there was any other recourse. This refrigerator is less than a month old. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
the only recourse it to get whirlpool to continue to fix the issue and if they don't fix it in 3 visits then they owe you a new refrigerator. You can also talk to your dealer who you purchased it from and they may allow you to exchange it for a different model if they allow that.