Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

My 12 year ge profile washer leaks water from the right side

My 12 year ge profile washer leaks water from the right side underneath. Also the pump sounds like it is working really hard to drain water. Time for a new one or repair. Thank
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.

From what you are describing ..Sounds like your pump maybe going bad...The pump is located on the right side of washer...Remove the front panel by taking a putty knife or a butter knife...Slide it in between the top of front panel and top of washer at about 4 inches in from the side...Lift up on the two clips(one on each side)...Pull panel out and towards you...Once you have the panel removed..Run the washer inspect where the water is coming from...This will give you a better idea of reparing or replacing...If its just a leak in the hose...Then you have a simple repair...Bob

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How much is a pump

The pump would cost $40.00...Click on the link below...Like i said ..I would remove cover and inspect before buying the pump...Also at 12 years old...You could most likely replace that unit for around $300.00...I would look at the Whirlpool Rope...Its a good basic unit...Thanks Bob