Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Kenmore Washer 80 Series does not always begin to agitate,

Customer Question

My Kenmore Washer 80 Series does not always begin to agitate, instead sometimes there is a buzzing sound behind the Cycle Selector (timer Control). My guess is the timer control needs to be replaced? Can you confirm this?

Also the after the spin cycle sometimes water continues to drip into the tub. What part would i need to replace?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
I would say that your timer is probably faulty if it's buzzing and it's not agitating. Also, as for the dripping water into the tub, that would mean that your electronic water valve is not sealing off so you would need to replace that part. Here is a link to the part as well as a video so you can see how to take the shell off to access the part. The electronic water valve is the plastic valve that the fill hoses from your house connect to on the back of the washer.