Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Have a whirpool cloths washer model number LSq8543jt0 When

Customer Question

Have a whirpool cloths washer model number LSq8543jt0 When i run it on the normal wash cycle starting at 9 to 15 minutes for the wash cycle, it gets just past the 6 minute mark and then stops. Dial does not turn anymore. If I move the dial really slowly without pushing in the knob to stop the cycle, it starts up after it moves a little bit. This also happens on the rinse an spin cyle. If we use one of the other cycles it does the same thing after the 6 minutes marks. I have already replaced the timer swith and it still does the samething. Not sure what othere sensor is in their that may be the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
This is just a bad timer, you will need to replace the timer because there are no sensors that would stop the unit from advancing. Here is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have already replaced the timer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
interesting, well there is a little control board that controls the timer as well but I've never seen it break in a way that it would stop the unit from advancing but I would definitely say that is the only other possible part. Here is a link to that part.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It acted the same with the new and the old timer. Where is the control board loacted?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
the board is located inside the console next to the timer actually.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am looking at a blow up of the controls and rear panel parts and do not see it anywhere. The site I am looking at is http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=257542&diagram_id=85788#d85788

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
you are correct, it doesn't show up on the break down, but if you open the control panel up you should see it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I need to look at the washing machine when I get home to check it out before I accept the answer. I do not remember seening anything like that part when I replaced the timer switch.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am at the machine now but do not see that part anywhere. I have the console off and the only electrical connction are the ones to the switces
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok there are a few other things you should check, when you put this on cold water only does it fill? the other thing you need to check is the lid switch, does this stop before it drains? does this stop at a rinse part of the cycle? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It does fill and when i put it on 9 or 12 minutes, the agitation for the wash cycle does work with the lid up or down. it will go till it just goes past the 6 minutes mark on the dial and then just stops. I have tried to puch know in advance it and pull out with no effect. If I turn the timer swith with the nob out very slowly, it will start up in a later cycle and go a little longer before stoping. I have seen this happen on the normal cycle and in other cycles on the knob.

I have followed the wiring thru the top console to the water level switch, timer control, water temperature switch, rotary switch and the mini-buzzer. Followed it down out of the top console to the water mixing value. Could not find the ETC control board. I did not follow the harness down to the motor. I need to know where to look for this control board.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this model doesn't have a board the other tech was mistaken, I suspect it could be the water level control, this does not agitate at all after it fills? does this drain when you go to the end of the cycle?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When it fills for the wash cycle it does agitate. If I put it on for 15 minutes, it will run for about 9 minutes and then stop. When I turn the dial it will start up again at the draining cycle. If will fill for the rinse but not sure if it agitates or not. Turn it some more and it will drain but have to turn in some more to get the spin cycle to work.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is anyone looking at this question for me?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry I'm having computer issue's and need to opt out, someone will get the question and pick it up, thanks Bryan