Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Icemaker stopped making ice. Is service needed

Icemaker stopped making ice. Is service needed?
the arm should be down to the side of the icemaker ,,, look at the icemaker and tell me where the ejector fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker are pointing please
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Larry

The arm is down . I do not see any "fingers" which eject ice. There are white plastic fixed parts like white piano keys but they do not seem moveable.

feel inside the icemaker and tell me if you feel them pointing down into the icemaker
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Larry

I do not feel any fingers inside icemaker. Surface is smooth underneath.

is there any water or ice in the tray of the icemaker?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There is no water in tray, but ice cubes from several days ago, which is about 1/5 full in the bin. We did have lettuce freeze which was in refrigerator compartment two days ago and it was on the middle shelf. This had not happened before. The fridge is in our apartment in WPB which we occupy only one week per month and thus doors are not opened when we are not here.

the fill tube froze up where the water comes into the ice maker ,, warm it up with a hair dryer and melt out the ice in the line and allow 24 hours and it will make ice again / thanks