Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I just purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator - Model GX2FHDXVQOO;

I just purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator - Model GX2FHDXVQOO; Serial #: KY4718321.
There is a part included that the diagram does not show. Can you tell me what it is to be used for. It appears to be a bracket that is 15 inches long and 2.5 inches wide with a flip down arm on the end.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
can you take a picture of it and send to me please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I cannot, do not have the capability.
does it have a hook shape a bottle can lay in
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. The size is 15 x 2.5 x .5
does it look like this
graphic
i checked the model and thats just a extra trim that was left in the fridge from the manufactor so its nothing to worry over and you can save it or get rid of it / thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't understand what you mean 'trim' - this is an attachment of some kind.
it fits on the shelf and alot of times when they are building a fridge and they get hold of the wrong part to install they will just leave it inside instead of putting it back in stock ,, i have seen this happen many times
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't mean to be a nuisance, but if you can see a diagram of the parts that is to accompany the refrigerator, there is a small attachment that appears to be a support for one of the glass shelves. Is it possible that they shipped the wrong part? It is not included in the parts I received.

I can also appreciate your previous answer, and you could be totally correct.

its very possable they shipped the wrong part and if everything fits inside and no problem they i would not worry about it but keep it and the 1st time you need service on it let the tech see it and get you the correct part or you can call for service now and get them out there since the fridge comes with a full one year warranty
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service