Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

new maytag 750wq has deposited purple-brown streaks os clothing

Customer Question

new maytag 750wq has deposited purple-brown streaks os clothing items after just 6 uses. thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
If you're certain this is coming from the washer then the possibilities are that oil from the main rear bearing is leaking or the clothes are rubbing on the front rubber boo door gasket. This gasket has quite a bit of powder coming from the factory to keep it flexible since it's not being used and could dry out if not sold in the first year, so if you didn't wipe down the seal with rinse agent (like Jet Dry) or bleach, then the clothes could be rubbing on the rubber boot when it goes into spin and causing the clothes to get streaks on them. This should only be a temperary issue if this is the case and will get better in the next few loads.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This machine is a TOP loader not a front loader. Most of your reply does not apply.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
I do apologize about that, you are correct. The model wasn't pulling up because the unit is brand new but it looked like a front load washer model number. On the top load units, if it's not the grease coming from the bearing it's really hard to say what else could cause such a thing. I would run Affresh through the unit to completely clean out the unit and if it continues to occur I would assume the bearing is leaking and either get a replacement unit or call warranty for repairs.