Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Hello, my washer is not spinning. It drains, when I close the

Hello, my washer is not spinning. It drains, when I close the lid it sounds like it is trying to spin, but it is not. I opened the front pannel and lifted it on its side, I'm able to freely spin the pulleys, both belts are in good order, and it seems like the motor moves. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The model number should be found inside the lid area or the top of the control panel on a label..

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello Chas,

The model number is: LAT9356AAE

Serial Number is: 25087487YF

Style: (Y) Y7909201

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

You can spin the large pulley in both directions easily?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

This should turn hard in one direction where it releases the brakes, this is going to be a bad clutch/brake pack and will need to be replaced, this is part number 6-2011900, You can order the parts you need from the following places,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=