Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a new Maytag Bravos HE top-load machine. I just noticed

I have a new Maytag Bravos HE top-load machine. I just noticed there is water remaining in the machine fter the wash is done. If I push the barrel, I ncan here it sloshing around. My drainpie is not higher than 96" nor lower than 39".
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
there is always water in the outer tub so that the seals don't dry rot. The water should not raise above the inner basket so that you can see it however, it should sit below the wash basket in the outer tub and this is normal.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Won't this create mold? I got rid of my old washer since my clothes, especially towels always smelled mildewy. I have a daughter with chronic eczema. Mildew sets her off. Standing water sounds unhealthy. Does this same water touch my clothes?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
It will create mold actually which is why you need to run your unit with Affresh or bleach every month. You can purchase Affresh at your local grocery store and is made for just this reason in case you don't use bleach in your unit ever.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is something really wrong with a design like this. I know you didn't design it. I had no idea and wish I had known before I bought it. Thanks for your help.