Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I turned on my Dacor oven self cleaning feature and set it

I turned on my Dacor oven self cleaning feature and set it for 2 hours. After 1 hour, there was so much smoke and bad odor in the house that I had to cancel the self clean. What is going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
that's just the unit cleaning. You have let it sit for too long so you will just need to put it through self clean again. There is no vent outside for the smoke to go so it just starts pouring out of the oven. The way self cleaning works is that it gets to 750 degrees or so and chars everything inside the oven. Do make sure you have removed the racks as they will get ruined from the extreme heat when you run self clean and will create excess smoke if left in as well.