Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a matag dryer that is about 12 yrs old and I replaced

Customer Question

I have a matag dryer that is about 12 yrs old and I replaced the belt for the first time two months ago and now it is still squeaking from time to time especially when on air fluff with no heat. Is there something that I should have replaced or checked?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
belts never make the a noise when they go bad on dryers because they dn't spin fast enough. If you have a squeeking noise, either one of your drum roller bearings is going out or the tensioner pulley bearing is going out. If you remove the drum and look at the 2 rollers under the drum in the back you will want to replace these rollers as they are the most likely part that is squeaking. You can't always just roll them with your hand and make them squeak because there is no weight on them when you remove the drum but this is the part I'd replace.