Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MY OLDER SHARP CAROUSEL IS ARCING,AND BUZZING,AND I STOPPED

MY OLDER SHARP CAROUSEL IS ARCING,AND BUZZING,AND I STOPPED IT SOON AFTER,HOWEVER I WAS ONLY REHEATING TWO COOKIES.SO I TRIED IT AGAIN AND SAME DEAL.I`M NOT GOING TO DO THIS A THIRD TIME SIMPLY BECAUSE I`M MORE INTELLIGENT THAN THAT!! WOULD ARE MY POSSIBLE PROBLEMS????? THANX, JOHN NEISWANDER.
Well there aren't multiple possibilities---you have an arcing magnetron. This is a major problem and will not be worth repairing. When a magnetron starts to arc out, it burns the waveguide cavity and it will need to be sanded and repainted. Also the magnetron needs to be replaced. This is a $350-450 repair so unless it's a very new and expensive unit, it's never worth fixing, only replacing the entire unit.