Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

hi there - my fisher paykel washer machine seems to get stuck

Customer Question

hi there - my fisher paykel washer machine seems to get stuck on the spin cycle; and I also notice it pumping to much in the automatic mode....any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
what do you mean pumping too much? Draining?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry pumping too much water; i put 3 skirts into the machine to test the machine after disconnecting the power cord; with 3 skirts in the machine ; tank was 3/4's filled with water in the automatic mode. thx
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
that is definitely too much but the problem is that the pressure switch that monitors the water is part of the control board, and if you are getting too much water in the unit, you will need to replace the control board itself to correct the issue. The part is about $200.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what about getting stuck in the spin cycle; how do i correct that? I think the too much water may of been because I tried to cancel to 2 wash cycles...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
getting stuck in the cycle could be the same reason, if it pumps in water and isn't detecting that it's filling up it will cut the unit off before it floods.

As for other possibilities it might be that your unit isn't draining. To check that tip your machine backwards and drain all the water out manually. Remove the front right drain pump (part with the fan blade on it) to check for a blockage. In the back right corner there is a "y" connection with (3) 1" hoses that can get clogged as well.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The spin cycle is draining fine the clothes come out almost dried. This all began to night. I think the first load I did iwas not balanced. Is there away to reset the machine? Why do you think this happen ?thx
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
there is no way to reset the machine other than unplugging the unit and plugging it back in after 60 seconds. If it doesn't work then you either need to look check for cloggs or replace your drain pump.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The drain now not the contro board? It drains fine there no water left in the machine. Tip it etc what does the draining pump have to do with spin cycle? Thx
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok then yes the control board is bad. I was saying possibly the drain pump because you said it was getting to high and though it wasn't draining. If it's draining then you definitely have a bad control board.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi there did another wash this evening. water level was just fine; tried a different wash cycle and again the spin cycle went on forever until i stop it. So at this point you think its the control board? the part alone costs $200? + labor. thx
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
yes, the machine should come up with an error and start beeping and stopping the cycle if it thinks something is wrong (or it times out in a cycle) and if it isn't doing that you then you have a control board problem.