Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Whirlpool Gold double door refrigerator that i need

I have a Whirlpool Gold double door refrigerator that i need to empty the drip pan. How do i get the drip pan out?
The drip pan is actually not meant to be removed, it can be removed but you need to tip the refrigerator forward , remove the screws coming it from the bottom. Then remove the compressor since it sits on top of the defrost drain pan.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

maybe i asked the wrong question. is it the drain pan that catches all the water? which ever, it is full and overflowing onto the floor. how do i empty out the water?

yes it is, but if it's overflowing, it usually means that the filter housing that sits right above the drain pan is leaking into the drain pan and the filter housing needs to be replaced. You can remove the front kick panel and see the drain pan on the left side under the freezer. To remove the water, you can either soak it up with towels through the front kick panel or if you have a wet vac you can suck the water out as well.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do i disconnect the hose and remove the filter housing?
All from the front. Turn the water off to the refrigerator and remove the filter. Remove the kick panel and there are 2 screws holding on the filter housing at the bottom. Remove the screws and pull the filter housing forward. The hoses are hard to disconnect, but the idea is that you need to push IN on the collar that locks the hose into the filter and then pull out on the hose to disconnect the 2 hoses.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do i need to replace the 2 hoses while replacing the filter housing?
no definitely not, I've never seen one of those hoses go bad.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX been a great help and i appreciate it.

no problem and best of luck to you.