Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My kenmore elite refrig ice maker is not making ice. The water

My kenmore elite refrig ice maker is not making ice. The water tube does not appear frozen. The ejector arm seems to be in the upright position. There is no ice/water in the ice tray. Why won't it work?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi can you give me a model number? will look something like this 665.97346397 graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
106.56703500
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Just inside the door there is an infrared sensor, does it have a switch or a flapper? is the light blinking 2 times and then pause then 2 times and pause and so on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is an infared sensor. It is blinking. I think this is normal.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
its just blinking continuously? not twice then pause?

Edited by Mr Fixit on 2/26/2010 at 4:27 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, sorry. It blinks twice quickly, then pauses for about 1.5 to 2 seconds then repeats.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok push the flapper in, does it still blink twice and then pause or does it go solid red?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If i push the flapper door in, the red light comes on and STAYS on. It stops blinking.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok your problem is with the inlet valve. Pull the unit out from the wall and then remove the lower panel. Behind this panel you will find the inlet valve, you will need to replace this. Click HERE for the replacement part. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Mike
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help- two more quick questions.

It this something a reasonable person could do, or is this something I should hire a professional to do?

Is the inlet valve I am replacing in the back of the fridge towards the bottom? I just want to be sure exactly where it is located before I drag the fridge all the way out. (Long day- sorry.)

Thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Yes this is just a matter of a couple of screws and exchanging pipes, on a scale of easy to hard this one is easy. Yes you are correct you pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower panel in the back. Behind the panel you will see the inlet valve. It will be the part with the plastic tubes hooked up and the water line coming from your basement or sink :) Mike
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, thanks so much. Have a good evening!!
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
You too. Thanks! Mike