esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp

LG front loading dryer making a banging noise when it runs.

LG front loading dryer making a banging noise when it runs. It sounds unbalanced, but its level. Bearings?
hi is the dryer still heating fine everything else ok except the banging
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is a bad burning smell when we run it, looking at the drum from below, it seems to bounce as it rotates. We stopped running it as soon as we smelt the burning noise.
hi ok lg is bad about their drums these drums tend to split at the ends ,can u remove the top cover. in back it has 3 screws then the panel slides to the back and up. with the machine off spin the tub you will see the ends where the drum seals i bet its bad there let me know
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I removed the electronic panel, but the cables won't let me slide the top out ... do you have a diagram?
hi these screws are behind the dryer top panel
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK ... I have the those screws off, I see the two hinges, I can't get the top to slide off ... mallet? How hard should this be to open? Top jiggles, just won't release
look at it eye level there is a slot on that cover that will allow it to pop up
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
got it ... drum at the back is loose. Its flexing freely. How do you fix, or can you?
hi this is a problem all lgs have sir you will need to replace the drum, only problem is it comes in two pieces i just replaced one for one of my customers she had her dryer 3 years both piece shipping and handling and my charge 522.00 dollars each piece is almost 100 dollars .pressing accept for my help pays me thanks ill be here any questions
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So with dryers at $700 apiece, almost better to buy a new dryer - would you agree?
well for that price and part i hate to say it but yes but go with a different brand. unless you have the set either way. another dryer is good get everything brand new again