Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

My whirlpool washer wont hold water when its trying to fill

My whirlpool washer won't hold water when it's trying to fill up at the start of any of the cycles. I come back and the water's still running into the tub. It doesn't overfill either so it appears it's broke. How can I fix this?
Make sure the drain hose is only in the drain pipe 6-8 inches or the water will siphon out of the washer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay I think I'm onto something. This washer was working just fine, but then I moved it to another location and I just realized that at the new location the drain hose is not up on the wall at tub heighth but is down on the wall at the bottom of the tub. Is this why it's probably not holding water? If so is the fix just positioning the drain hose connection to where it goes into the drain higher up on the wall ...about at the top of the tub?
Yes that is what you need to do.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Great! Thanks. You just saved me money on a new washer. Have a great weekend!

You too. Take care.