Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have an LG LFX25960ST double door refrigerator and keep getting

I have an LG LFX25960ST double door refrigerator and keep getting an error message er f1. I keep reading that it is the icing fan motor so i replaced it and as soon as i turn the icemaker back on the error comes back.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
Looked up a few models, no F1 code listed. Did see some with IF code.

Error code 1F indicates an abnormality of the BLDC fan motor for ice making, caused by a poor BLDC motor connection, DriveIC, and TR. This information can be found in the service manual on pg. 32 of the service manual: http://136.166.4.200/contents/Fridge/LFX25960/LFX25960_Service_Manual.pdf

it is usually a bad fan motor that causes this condition. This will prevent the icemaker from working. I'm not sure if it will affect the defrost cycle. If you turn off the icemaker, then either pull the plug for a few seconds or turn off the circuit breaker for a few seconds, the front panel will light up and stay lit. Then you need to call for service.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the link you posted is not a working link and i have replaced the fan motor already and it did not do the trick
do you have any frost on the inside back panel in the freezer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes there is ice in the back panel
cut off the fridge and defrost it and turn back on and the fan will pick up the cool air and the error will go away
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I replaced the fan in the back of the fridge? attached to the panel in the freezer there are 2 fans what are they for? is one of those also an icing fan?
one of the fan motors is the ice fan motor which is the one you should have replaced and the other blows the cold air into the freezer and to the fridge ,, the motor you needed to replace is part number 5209JA1044A and its number 407A in this picture
graphic