Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore self cleaning electric oven. The digital display

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore self cleaning electric oven. The digital display went crazy -- F11,0,etc then stuck on *0 (degree 0 ). Unplugged the oven & plugged it back in again now the display is blank. The light in the oven is not coming on. All the stove top burners work. The elements inside the oven do not come on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
can you get me the full model #?
First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Cook top/Range/Stove

Gas:

• Inside the cook top--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit
  • Inside the top of the vent duct--if it's a "downdraft" unit

Electric:

• Under one of the surface burners, or inside the cook top--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit

Gas or Electric Oven

• On oven side of the door jamb (with the door open)
  • On the lower drawer jamb (with the bottom drawer open)
thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
C_70-556121 Type 3S1 Nov 2005 The letter or number after the C had some grease on it & rubbed the digit off when I tried to clean it, sorry.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

I'm afraid the number isn't comming up. I've tried every combo I could but nothing comes up. the problem is going to be the clock itself though I cant look this up without a full model # XXXXX there has to be a # XXXXX this that starts with one of the three # XXXXX below,

The first 3 digits of the model number determine who built it.
Roper Whirlpool CaloricKelvinatorGibsonD & M
103
647
835
911
155
106
110
562
665
198
174
960
417
662
628
253 587
GE Speed Queen Maytag Litton Toshiba Fedders
363
362
651925 747562484
AmanaWCITappanJenn Air
596 790 791 629

this tells us who made it, the only other way to get the part # XXXXX be off the clock itself,keep looking and let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I removed the back of the stove. Found a model # XXXXX circuit board. Spitfire controls Inc SF 5350-L8545-AE. Model # XXXXX Unit was made in Canada
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok this needs to go to the U.k. appliance category where they have the parts suppliers they can hopefully look this up for you, thanks Bryan