esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp

I have a Caloric Pilotless wall oven. When I turn it on now,

I have a Caloric Pilotless wall oven. When I turn it on now, the flame doesn't light up. The pilotless pilot isn't working. Is this an easy fix? Where could I get parts for the unit. I inherited the house in 1986, but I have no idea how old the oven is. It's the type with an oven on top, and a broiler on the bottom. I'm trying to get out of this in the least expensive way by repairing it, so I hope you can help me find the parts. Is there a parts catalog I could get? I live in Denton, Texas. Do you know of any company who services this unit in my area??
hi can u remove the oven bottom cover when u turn the knob the oven ignitor sgould spark twice and light the oven do u smell gas coming through
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've never done this before. How do I remove the oven bottom cover?
open the oven door and facing the oven on the bottom panel u will see 2 screws remove them the panel should raise up and come out
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Okay, I opened the top door (oven) and went to unscrew the bottom but it lifted out easily. Under it is a part running from front to back that is about 6 inches wide and maybe 3 to 4 inches thick (deep) It looks like the size of one of those small neck pillows. ;-) Is this the place? or do you mean the bottom door where the broiler is?

yes thats it ok turn the oven on there is a piece attached at the curve of that pipe has a wire to it when u turn the oven on it should spark twice do u smell gas when turning the knob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got the flashlight and looked and looked but could never see a little wire. There was one area that was kind of open (the only place I could see anything) on the side/underside of the pipe. I turned the oven on but saw no sparks and I don't think I smelled any gas.
hi ok if u dont smell gas or even see a spark then u are not getting power down there the thermostat is not working properly this brand caloric about 20 yrs old not sure the part is even available sir plus we need a model number
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was afraid you'd say that about the parts not being available. I'm thinking it's actually more than 30-35 years old. It looks like I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy another unit. Do you have any suggestions for a good but not too expensive unit that I could buy? One that holds up with not too much repair?
stay with ge ranges they are easy to fix and not much maintenance they hold their own sir. by the way i live in san antonio tx hi neighbor if i have been of help pressing accept pays me thanks