John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Whirlpool Imperial series commercial dryer 6 cycle.

I have a Whirlpool Imperial series commercial dryer 6 cycle. I bought it new almost five years ago (May 2005). It stopped drying (no heat) a few days ago. I have cleaned the ducts etc. How can I get information on how to replace the heating element.

Thanks for the question.

You said you cleaned the venting was the vent blocked at all

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The vents were clear. I also re- set the breaker 3 times (turned it off and on) to make sure we had 240 coming to the outlet. Reconnected the ducting and checked the flow outside (great flow). I started the dryer with the ducts off after that and no heat, just a lot of blowing. I wonder if it is the element(s)?

This thermal cut off thermostat is on the heater housing at the top pull the plug and join the wires together if the heat starts up replace the thermostat, or take the element out and look for a break in the coil.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did what you suggested and there is no heat, the element has a break in the coil. Great job. So . . replace the element, right?

Yes you can buy it at Sears or any appliance parts store in your area great job.

Thanks and God Bless.