Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello. I have Samsung Refrigerator RB1944SL. Door closed, but

Customer Question

Hello. I have Samsung Refrigerator RB1944SL. Door closed, but It sonds like door open, and IT STOPD COOLING upper level which is a refrigerator level, but IT BRING COOL TO FRIZER LEVEL. Is It door switcher? Please help. Thank You.
Submitted: 4 years ago via PartStore.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
how do you mean it sounds like its open, can you hear the fan loud?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, Alert sound plays, like door would be open, but it closed
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
it sounds like the door switch, is this staying cold?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
But temperature is not cold, just 61. Frizer, is good -4
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok is there any frost on the back panel in the freezer at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, ther is no frost. May I call you, becose my English not very good to type.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sorry they don't allow that, do you hear the fan running in the freezer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont know. It is very quiet quiet refrigerator. But some how cool air in Frizer. It is -4
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if you open the freezer and don't hear a fan this may be the problem, all the cold air comes from the freezer and is pushed over to the refrigerator section by the fan, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=if this has stopped its the problem,take the rear panel off in the freezer and see if its running
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Whot is this image for? Is this fan?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes its the fan motor, you use your blade on it.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How can I to disassemble, or take the rear panel off in the freezer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Why you stopd, It is not solved my problem yet?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I haven't stopped i was waiting to see if you can get the back panel in the freezer off to check the fan.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, fan is working in the frizer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello, where are you? I need help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok , have you taken the freezer panel off yet? we need to look at the frost pattern next,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I did take freezer panel off.

What is it, and where is it - Frost pattern? Where I need to look?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
on the coils there will be frost, is there a lot or just a little , also does the frost cover all the coils or just part of them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is the coil in the Freezer? If it is - yes. It bring cooling in the freezer to -8.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes but is there a lot of frost on them really clogged up?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, not a lot.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok well this has to be an air flow problem the fresh food section , maybe the damper or the return is clogged. you need to look at them. the damper is at the top where the air comes through and the return is at the bottom, put the freezer back together and check those, I have to sign off for a bit but will be back later, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is that sound, like door opend -do sometning to it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Now, I opend not a freezer, but refrigerator back panel,(it is two saperet dipartments), and I found there some have frost on upper level of coil. And I dont think that this fan for refrigerator is working. What to do?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if the fan for the refrigerator isn't working thats the trouble and you need to replace it, I'll see if I can find the diagrams for this, thanks for being patient,
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
heres the diagram I think, is the freezer on the bottom of this? they only show one fan inside and its in the freezer, if its not running replace it, you can order this @ http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=4138341&rdr=%2fpartsearch%2fmodel.aspx%3fmodel_id%3d5172080%26diagram_id%3d1355714 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is two fans, there is 2 departments, and bouth fans are working.

Ok. I'm not reciving help from you, so I do not need your help anymore.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well I'm sorry I'm trying to help but this is a difficult problem to track down, whats happening doesn't make much sense if its not frozen and the fans are running the only other thing I can think of is you light is staying on when you shut the door, try taking the bulb out for a couple of hours and see if it works better then,