Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

Condenser fan motor will not run on GE profile refrigerator.

Condenser fan motor will not run on GE profile refrigerator. DC voltage leaves circuit board and is present at motor. I have 13 volt between red and white wire. Also have 13 volts between pink and white wire. Total of 3 wires connect to motor. Replaced motor and new motor will not run either. My understanding of the new DC motors is limited.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 6 years ago.
There should always be 13 volts from the red to white wire the third wire ( pink in your case) makes the motor run THese wires go to a transistor in the motor and the third wire is a "pulsed" voltage to make the motor run Do this - use a 9 volt battery and hook the negative to white and positive to red and then also positive to pink if motor runs you have a bad mother board part number WR55X10942